Zehner is hiring for a freelance Sr. User Experience Designer to collaborate with the Brand, Design, Experience and Development Team. This client-facing role will provide strategic UX guidance, execute wireframes, and help optimize the impact of Zehner’s client outcomes. Communicative, collaborative, and user-centric, the Sr. UX Designer is a passionate problem-solver dedicated to data-based decision making, understanding technology and user needs, and attention to detail and process.
Zehner is a Los Angeles-based full-service digital agency that connects brands with consumers through strategic brand, design, and technology. We craft intuitive eCommerce experiences and digital products for editorial, entertainment, fashion, lifestyle, and consumer packaged brands.
Role & Responsibilities
- Represent and position Zehner as a leader and problem solver in all aspects of branded commerce and application design
- Enthusiastically collaborate with a cross-functional team of Designers, Brand Strategist, Project Managers and Technologists
- Collaborate with User Experience team and offer valuable participation and opinions in IA and UX process
- Conduct brainstorming sessions that facilitate strategic, innovative thinking to develop actionable creative initiatives
- Combine Brand Strategy, Technology and User needs into the best-in-class experiences for our partners’ customers
- Lead a project independently from kick-off to delivery
- Create wireframes that support end-user, business and technology needs, preferably in Figma.
- Present initial design ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- Work at the strategic level, propose innovative solutions
- Plan and design personas, user journeys, workflows, and sitemaps
Required skills, experience and knowledge
- Mobile-first, responsive web, and adaptive web practices
- Critical and analytical thinking/problem solving
- Insights from user feedback, data, and research
- Screen layout, information design, typography, color, composition
- Client-facing presentation skills of wireframes and relevant documentation
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Agile and Scrum methodology
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Sound judgment
- Report to: Experience Director and/or Chief Design Officer
- Collaborators: Sr. Brand Strategist, Designers, Developers, and Project Managers.
- Portfolio with eCommerce work, showcasing process and decision-making skills
- 3-4 years lead experience in UX in Branded eCommerce and Application/product design